This Copycat version of Longhorn’s famous Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe tastes just like the restaurant! From the flavorful marinade, to the creamy, crunchy Parmesan Crust. Get ready to make this easy recipe every week!
Longhorn recipes are the way to my heart. This Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe is my favorite thing on their menu.
- 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts, pounded to ¾ inch thick
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Marinade: (Shortcut- Use Italian Salad Dressing)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped into bits
- 3/4 cup Provolone cheese, chopped into bits
- 6 Tablespoons Buttermilk Ranch salad dressing
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Whisk all marinade ingredients together until well-combined and uniform in consistency.
Place the chicken in a gallon freezer bag, remove the air, and seal. Use a meat mallet to pound it to ¾ inch thick.
Sprinkle each side of the chicken lightly with salt and pepper if desired.
Place the chicken in a new freezer bag along with the marinade. Seal out the air and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, or overnight.
Heat 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Sear the chicken in the hot skillet on each side. Refrain from moving the chicken around as it sizzles, it will hinder the nice golden sear color. If the pan gets too hot, reduce the heat to medium. Each side will take 3-5 minutes. Once each side is a nice, golden brown and the middle is cooked, set the chicken aside.
Preheat the oven to a low broil. (450 degrees F.)
Combine the chopped Parmesan, Provolone, Butter, and Buttermilk Ranch dressing in a small bowl.
Microwave for about 45 seconds, stirring in between.
Stir in the Panko and garlic powder. Spread generously over the chicken.
Broil 1-2 minutes until the cheese is hot and melted, keep a close eye to ensure it doesn’t burn.
Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
Baking the Chicken Breasts (instead of searing).
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Find an oven-safe dish that is just large enough to hold the chicken (this keeps it moist).
- Lightly grease the dish and add 2 Tablespoons of water to the dish along with the chicken. Bake for 15-18 minutes, (15 for thinner chicken, 18 for thick.)
- Ensure the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Add Parmesan Crust, increase heat to 450°F. Bake for a few minutes, until top turns golden brown.
The chicken can also be grilled.
Longhorn’s Parmesan Crusted Steak
I put this Parmesan Crusted topping on steak all the time. Here’s a perfect steak seasoning recipe to go with it!
Herb cheese like this also tastes really good in the Parmesan Crust Topping instead of Buttermilk Ranch dressing.
People like to use pork rinds instead of breadcrumbs for a keto version of Longhorn’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken and I hear nothing but good things!