One Pot Mexican Ground Beef and Rice is a stove top dinner recipe loaded with ground beef, rice, salsa, corn and cheese.
This hearty dinner recipe serves four people and can be made in only thirty minutes from start to finish. If you are looking for a simple and tasty ground beef recipe, then you need to try this One Pot Mexican Ground Beef and Rice!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 8.75 oz canned corn, not drained
- 4 oz canned chopped green chilies, not drained
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried chives
- Place a large saute pan on the stove over medium-high heat and add a dab of butter or margarine to the pan.
- Cook the ground beef in the saute pan.
- Add diced onions to the pan while the ground beef is cooking.
- Continue cooking the ground beef and onions, being sure to crumble the ground beef well.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain the grease from the pan.
- With the pan still over medium-high heat, add the condensed chicken broth and water to the pan.
- Add the instant rice to the pan.
- Stir gently until all of the rice is submerged in the liquid.
- Leave the dish to simmer, stirring occasionally, until all of the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Add the salsa, chili sauce, canned corn, chopped green chilies and taco seasoning to the pan.
- Do not drain the canned corn and canned green chilies before adding them to the pan.
- Stir well.
- Leave the dish to simmer for a few minutes and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add two cups of the shredded cheese to the pan.
- Stir until the cheese is fully combined with the ground beef and rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of shredded cheese on top but this time do not stir it in.
- Sprinkle the dried chives on top of the cheese.
- Leave the dish to sit for a few minutes to allow the cheese on top to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!